Carla Coleman Returms To #MusicLov3rz November!

In 2018, I had a nice week long break between my 9-5, where I had freedom to not think about my other obligations and freely do what I love to do. Write. Whenever I get these breaks, I bounce between writing songs of hope or writing my testimony and the testimony of others in my circle whose voices need to be heard. Each book is bite-size as I’m not an avid reader and I find that my audience enjoys the length of my books each no longer than 100 pages. 
My first book was called Corporate Know How and it explains the life of those who have worked in corporate for many years and why ditching a job in corporate America may not be their calling. I’d seen so many people quit and pursue entrepreneurship when I felt as though that was not their calling. Many of them ended up back in corporate - it was really a submission to authority issue for some. I wanted to give a perspective on what to consider when staying in corporate vs leaving. Both have benefits and it’s all about perspective.

The song (Just to Get To Me) is the story of a man’s deliverance from pain over a series of years and his daughters process of healing from grief. It it was my way to pen, through my aching heart. 

It came at a moment in time when I was seeing my fathers health declining at a more drastic rate than before. Although his spirit, his smile and his laughter didn’t match his visual struggles, his resilience to persevere had me digging deeper into God's beautiful LOVE for his dear son. In 2019, dad had his leg amputated after suffering with diabetes for decades and kidney failure for a number of years. 

Despite it all, my father, Carl, managed his illnesses well considering all of his trials. He always had a positive perspective and always reminded his loved ones that the Lord had kept him And so he would rejoice because he’d seen miracles performed in his own life and body and he knew his strength could and would come from our Lord, Jesus Christ. He continuously BELIEVED AND HAD FAITH that he would be healed and in many ways he was! His mental state was strong, as strong as the Marine Corp Vet he was. Tough despite. He never wanted pity from anyone. 

Dad lost his leg at one point but he BELIEVED he would walk again and he did!! He told me: you can knock me down but you can’t keep me down. He was right. 

My father gained his wings in August 2019. Before he passed away, the Holy Spirit led Me to create a book on his life, with his permission. He was excited about a book about him and his life. I enjoyed recording him and talking through each chapter. As we penned his life here on earth we laughed and cried and spent the last year getting an even better understanding of the word "relationship" and the importance of having one with the Creator of the Universe. 

Dad named his own book in the hospital, and said it with confidence. The book, released earlier this year in March, is called “Sure Endurance.” 

In the same month, the Lord downloaded my main verse of Just To Get To Me. The entire time I wrote the song: I was thinking of my thought process during my grieving and dads emotional state as he knew things were coming to an end here on earth. 

I was able to be with him every single day weeks before he went home to be with the Lord. Dad reminded us all that we are to TAKE UP OUR CROSS AND FOLLOW HIM. Dad was willing to suffer temporary pain for painless eternal gain. Let’s be reminded of our purpose vessels, sons and daughter of the Lord Most High.


The hook to the song says:
I could fall in sinking sand,
You would hold my hand , you would hold my hand
I could burn in blazing fire but that’s not your desire, that’s not your desire
What you have is for my good, I misunderstood, I misunderstood
And you’ll cross the land and sea
Just to Get to Me Just to Get to Me Just to Get to Me




You can find Carla Coleman’s books and music at her website www.clovecjoy.com

The urban gospel single, Just To Get To Me is available October 28th on all major platforms including Apple Music, ITunes, Tidal, Amazon music, Spotify and more.

“I pray it blesses and reminds the world that there’s a Savior whose closer than a brother and has NEVER LEFT us nor forsaken us”.


I’ll leave you with the scripture that inspired the song as well:
Psalm 139:7-10

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

Hear her music in our Regular Rotation and in our Featured Artist Rotation every night at 8:30PM EST on #MusicLov3rzRadio at the following link:


#MusicLov3rz November 2020 - Independent Music Worldwide

#MusicLov3rz: #MusicLov3rz November 2020 - Independent Music Worldwide

† 3x Award Nominee "Media Publication of the Year" † "Magazine of the Year" 🙏 Independent Music For The Lord of All Genres †

Find out more on MagCloud

Popular posts from this blog

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz November

Taiwo Emmanuel Returns To #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz September!