Zaccheus Returns To #MusicLov3rz April!

Zaccheus was born Wayne Bacchus, to parents who migrated from the country Guyana. Wayne grew up listening to Calypso, Reggae, Dancehall, Soca and Hip-Hop. He had a real love for Caribbean music over the years, and in 1989, he started writing his own songs. In 1995, he started his first recording in “Jam Down Studios” in Brooklyn. Wayne accepted the Lord Jesus into his life on October 13, 2006. Wayne stated "before I received Christ into my life, I was singing secular music, I was performing in various night clubs. I had a manager who not only booked shows for me, but also involved me smoking weed and selling it to make some money around the Tri-State area. I remember one night in August of 2005, my manager & I were on our way to a recording studio in Harlem N.Y,. and while I was driving, I was pulled over by an unmarked police car. I was not speeding. The police officer stated I was pulled over for suspicion and they asked us to step out of the vehicle. We did, and one of the officers handcuffed me and said "you are not under arrest we are doing this for our own safety." The officers searched my car and they found weed and one of the officers looked at it and all of a sudden they was dispatched to an emergency. One of the officers took the handcuffs off of me, and they hopped in their patrol car and left. The next night, the manager & I were going to meet “Kay Slay” a famous Hip-Hop DJ in Harlem, who is known for his mixtapes. Kay Slay wanted to put an Independent Reggae Artist on this mixtape. My manager & I were walking into a building and a young lady shouted, and swung a sharp blade almost cutting me in my arm. She was aiming for my manager. The next day I told my manager "that’s it, I quit!!!" The next year 2006, I decided to follow Jesus. My Christian friend Kevin told me if I give my music to Jesus “he will blow it up like popcorn.” When I think back to then & how God has changed my life, I just feel Joy in my spirit, and that keeps me moving. It keeps me dancing!

The story behind the song “Praises Today”
 
I wrote this song years ago, in the 1990’s. I use to go to church with my parents before I got saved, and I never recorded this song. In the summer of 2021, I joined “The Guyana Riddim Family” on the whatsapp. A producer in the group presented a old school dancehall instrumental, and I started freestyling on the riddim. The song  
“Praises today” has an old school early 90ss flow to it,,, So I started singing the song I written years ago over the riddim, and the rest is history. Whether you go through rough times, still give him praise, because it could always be worse.

 Get his new singles ''Problems'' & ''Praises Today'' 

Amazon | Apple Music | Spotify

Connect with him on Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

 

Hear both songs, along with his previous releases in #MusicLov3rz Radio's 4-5pm EST Reggae Soca Rotation at https://musiclov3rzradio.blogspot.com/2021/01/blog-post.html

 

Chorus (I know who can solve your problems I know who can solve your problems I know who can solve your problems

The littles thing I do I got to seek him Yeah yeah
The world is so unkind
We need a life line

Because we keep drowning all the time Too much trouble in this land

We need a helping hand

We got to pray and do the best we can Pray even when me drive
Pray just to survive
I got to trieve

Know God will provide
In his name I will abide
Sing this one if you feel the vibe 


#MusicLov3rz April 2022 - Independent Music Worldwide

#MusicLov3rz: #MusicLov3rz April 2022 - Independent Music Worldwide

† 3x Award Nominee "Media Publication of the Year" † "Magazine of the Year" 🙏 Independent Music For The Lord of All Genres †

Find out more on MagCloud


 

 




Popular posts from this blog

Taiwo Emmanuel Returns To #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz November

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz September!