Nadine P. Simmons Featured In #MusicLov3rz Magazine February Edition


Like so many other singers, I grew up singing in the church youth choir. We were all saved. We became so good that we sometimes traveled out of state to sing at other churches. I still remember the one song that I sang the lead on called “No Greater Love” by James Cleveland. There was nothing like singing in the church choir as a child. And something special happened to me when I sang. It didn’t seem to be me doing it, but someone else. My singing moved people to tears or to their feet. I didn’t understand back then what it meant when someone said “you have a gift from God child.” Today I know there was no other explanation for how I was able to sing, especially singing harmony, without being taught how to do so, unless it was from God. But the enemy tried to steal, kill and destroy.
I was a drug user. From marijuana to heroin. However singing was something I still wanted to do. I wasn’t really into praying or asking God for help, but I know it was God who placed someone in my life who helped me to became clean. I began singing in the clubs. It wasn’t long before I was invited to join a singing group in NYC who had a record deal. When the group didn’t work out, I found my niche by singing with wedding and party bands. It became a fairly lucrative  business. Almost every band in NYC called me to sing. but I got caught up in using drugs again. This time it was cocaine and cigarettes. I still performed, but I had to get high first.
At times when I prayed to God asking for help, it was always when I was high. I sang like nobody’s business, but was miserable afterwards. And so was everybody else. Getting high was all I thought about, until I became a single parent and life became a real challenge.

Get Nadine's FULL STORY in #MusicLov3rz Magazine February edition!



Get her song "Whatever You Want" at:


https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/NadineSimmons




Popular posts from this blog

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz November

Taiwo Emmanuel Returns To #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz September!