ChoirBoi Cam Featured In #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Gospel Artist ChoirBoi Cam Shares His Personal Story About the New Project Growing Pains

This project, “Growing Pains” places me out in front of my struggle found in transitioning from adolescence to adulthood. I acknowledge the issues and all the pitfalls, but with extreme faith I have tried to keep a good handle on them.  “The lead single “Growing Pains” is a song that encourages me every day! It’s a constant reminder that God has got me even when it doesn’t feel like it”. “Growing Pains” is my most personal project to date to let me share with you how I arrived at this place. 

In 2017 I was officially nominated for The Stellar Award’s Youth Project of the Year for the, “The Destiny Project.” I was super excited to be nominated but, in the end, I did not win the award. I returned home with from Las Vegas to face high school graduation without knowing in which direction life would take me next. Shortly thereafter, I was presented with the opportunity to work with Producer Billy Dorsey. He had done work on Lecrae’s Grammy Award Winning Project “Rehab”.  Attempting to make my next Stellar run I traveled out to Houston, Texas to meet and record with Dorsey.

August 2017 proved to be full of transition for the me. I entered college as a Freshman at Anderson University where I was granted a scholarship to run track, cross country and to sing in their Gospel Choir. Running 15 miles a day, excelling academically and my new project was the focus. Only weeks later Houston would be devastated by natural disaster Hurricane Harvey. The studio where I had recorded was now under water and so was my project. The only remnants of the project left were scratch vocals that had been emailed to me by Dorsey. Desperate to salvage the project. Dorsey and I would come together in South Carolina only weeks before Stellar Award submissions to release an EP. After juggling 5am cross country practices, classes, 3pm long runs and the the studio; I was exhausted, and it showed in my voice. The title Against the Wall would derive from this process.

Get his FULL STORY in #MusicLov3rz June edition!!!





Album Preorder Link: http://linktr.ee/ChoirBoiCam




Connect with him on Social Media:

Instagram: @choirboi4real

Facebook: @choirboi4real

Twitter: @choirboi4real 


#MusicLov3rz June 2019 - Independent Music Worldwide
† 2018 Steeple Award Nominee "Media Publication of the Year" † 2019 IRAA Award Finalist "Magazine of the Year" 🙏 Independent Music For The Lord of All Genres

Popular posts from this blog

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz November

Taiwo Emmanuel Returns To #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz September!