Shawn Thomas Featured In #MusicLov3rz July!


SHAWN THOMAS – “Not what he had planned – but what HE had planned!”
Shawn Thomas is a worship leader.  Not what he had planned.  He’s a Christian recording artist.  Not what he had planned.  And most recently he’s been coaching others about leading worship.  But again, not what he had planned.  So what was his plan?
Well, apparently at first, he didn’t have a plan.  “I guess I was like a lot of folks out of high school and even out of college who have a general idea about what they like to do, but not really sure how to make a career out of that – and even though I knew I loved music, Christian music wasn’t on my radar at all.  I grew up in a traditional small town church with choral and organ music, so even though sometimes people would tell me, ‘Hey, you should sing Christian music,’ what I heard was ‘Hey, you should sing hymns and classical music,’ and that wasn’t the kind of music I really enjoyed.  It probably wasn’t what they meant either, but I didn’t know what Contemporary Christian Music was, and I hadn’t ever experienced praise and worship music in church.”
By his thirties, Shawn had opened his own music studio providing instruction in voice, piano, guitar, and dance, as well as some recording and production. “I figured that was what I’d be doing the rest of my life, and I did really enjoy it.  Then I started writing these songs that were a pop/rock style of music, but had lyrics about God and Jesus, and about my faith.  I had recorded a few secular albums in my 20s, but I had no idea what to do with these songs.  I figured no one would ever want to hear Christian lyrics with rock music – I mean, that’s just crazy talk!”  
Shawn played a couple of recordings of his new music for one of his students, who then invited Shawn to sing one of his originals at his student’s church.  “I said, ‘I can’t sing this in church!  It has drums in it!’ He just laughed and told me his church had a band and they sing music like that all the time.  That experience changed the direction of my life – musically, and spiritually.”
Get his FULL STORY in #MusicLov3rz Magazine July!



Get Shawn Thomas' "Anthology Vol. 1 & 2" now in all digital stores

Connect with him on




#MusicLov3rz July 2019 - Independent Music Worldwide
† 2018 Steeple Award Nominee "Media Publication of the Year" † 2019 IRAA Award Finalist "Magazine of the Year" 🙏 Independent Music For The Lord of All Genres

Popular posts from this blog

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz November

Taiwo Emmanuel Returns To #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz September!