Precedent Worship Featured In #MusicLov3rz Magazine September Edition!

I started leading worship around age 18 or 19. My sisters and I grew up in  church, and so had my parents. At age 10, I had my first legit encounter with the Holy Spirit at a youth camp way out in the country. I didn't really understand. It was my first personal encounter with God, but it marked me. We had always been a musical family, and I picked up the guitar right as I started college which was brand new to me, s I'd only been a singer up until that point. I'd pick up things from other players, move around the dorm in the evenings, jamming, just trying to grind my way to at least a basic level of skill. It was still early on learning guitar when my brother in law, a fantastic musician and vocalist, asked me to lead worship for him in an emergency. I could barely play and sing at the same time. I'd never even played guitar standing up, and I didn't own a guitar strap yet. 
Somehow, I showed up and fumbled my way through a solo acoustic set. And that was the first time I officially led worship, properly, so to speak.
I didn't put it together at the time, but I was starting to become like the musicians that I had so heavily impacted me in worship music - Hillsong United, Paul Baloche, Morning Star, Kim Walker and the like. Because of them, I tried my hand at writing my own stuff for the church. 
Get Precedent Worship's full story in #MusicLov3rz September, and their debut release "We Love You Jesus" on:





Please subscribe to the new #MusicLov3rz YouTube channel


Popular posts from this blog

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz November

Taiwo Emmanuel Returns To #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz September!