Zaccheus Featured In #MusicLov3rz Magazine February

Zaccheus is a Gospel Reggae and Soca artist, who has three released albums and a book release, which is available everywhere books are sold. Zaccheus is also featured in various mixtapes like “Reggae Worship” by Penny York on Spotify, with various artists, and “Dance for Jesus” Vol. 2, a Soca mixtape.
Zaccheus is driven to spread the good news of Jesus Christ through his story telling songs. In a local television interview, Zaccheus stated “I pray that the songs I create can bless those who hear them and that they reach anyone who looking for fulfillment in their life.”
Zaccheus was born Wayne Bacchus to parents who immigrated from Guyana. Zaccheus grew up listening to Calypso, Reggae, Dancehall, Soca and Hip-Hop . His love for Caribbean music grew so much that he decided to write his own songs, his love for music grew when he entered a singing and rapping contest in school. Zaccheus sung in a Reggae style and came in third place and the school crowd went wild. It was a good feeling!!! From that point I knew I wanted to sing Caribbean music. 
In 1996, I got the name Zaccheus from a local Christian Rap group I met in the church. I joined the rap group with my younger brother and because I was the shortest one in the group they called me “Zaccheus” and I stuck with the name ever since. When the group disbanded, I continued my journey with music and I wanted to take it to the next level. I was eager and driven to make it in the industry so I connected with a secular manager and signed with an independent label called “Jungle Lion Entertainment”. 
Most of my music was party songs and songs talking about love & sex. I was featured on shows with major Dancehall reggae artist in night clubs all around the cities and out of states. I started smoking weed. In 2002, I got married to my long term girlfriend.  We dated for six years before we were married. She was a born again Christian and due to my involvement with the music and my weed habit, we separated in 2004. My manager called me Mr.Z and pushed aside the name Zaccheus, and I continued writing and singing secular tunes. Four months later, I was in Harlem N.Y. on 145 Street.  It was 2am, and I just came out of the recording studio. I was sitting in my car outside the studio when two undercover cops pulled up by the driver side. They got out of their patrol vehicle and asked my manager, another artist & I to step out of the car. I asked them what’s going on they replied there have been some robberies and you guys look suspicious. They searched my car and they found some weed on the floor, but they let us go because they had another call. One week later, I was handcuffed by some cops in Brooklyn on suspicion of drug possession. Thank God they didn’t find any drugs on me that day. 

I thank God for sparing my life. In October of 2006, I dedicated my life to the Lord, two months later the label dropped me and I felt free!!! 
I gave up weed, and and broken the relationship I had with other ladies and God restored my marriage with my wife. Today we have two kids!



Get Zaccheus' single "No Turning Back" on

#MusicLov3rz February 2020 - Independent Music Worldwide
† 2x Award Nominee "Media Publication of the Year" † Finalist For "Magazine of the Year" 🙏 Independent Music For The Lord of All Genres

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwo Emmanuel Returns To #MusicLov3rz June - Front Cover!

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz November

Stevania Music Ministries Returns To #MusicLov3rz September!